[Wyewood] Regional dance practice 4/30/22

Wyewood Social Media Deputy Wyewood.SocialMediaDeputy at antir.org
Wed Apr 20 11:16:03 PDT 2022

A missive regarding dance practice from Maestra Sara

Lady Avine de Hert
Wyewood Social Media Deputy
_________________________

Notice for Dancers (and those who would like to learn about Renaissance
Dancing) in and around the Puget-Sound area and beyond: some of us are
trying to kick-off the idea of a large regional dance practice once
every 3-6 months (also sometimes known in the past as a "Day of Dance").
  This is not an event, just a big dance practice.

Master Trahaearn Ap Ieuan and Mistress Janelyn of Fenmere have
graciously offered to host this first Big Dance Practice of 2022 at
their home in Kirkland, WA.
       Saturday, April 30, 2022,
       11:00 AM to around 5:30

Address: Practice will be at Trahaearn and Janelyn's home just south of
downtown Kirkland, close to the Kirkland Transit Center; contact Master
Trahaearn or Sara de Bonneville (contact below) for specific address or
directions.

Contact email for Trahaearn: trahaearn at live.com<mailto:trahaearn at live.com>
Contact email for Sara de Bonneville: sbonnevi at wamail.net<mailto:sbonnevi at wamail.net>, or
253-905-1483

Structure will be 4 teaching sessions, about 40 minutes ea, with time
between to look through Trahaearn and Janelyn's library of amazing
source materials.  This will let us really explore several of the
different dance genre more in-depth, and then go look at the sources
from which these dances come.  Rough Schedule looks like:
    - 11:00 -- 1st teaching session
    - 12:00 -- 2nd teaching session
    - 12:45 -- Lunch break (bring a sack lunch!)
    - 1:30 -- 3rd teaching session
    - 2:30 -- 4th teaching session
    - 3:30 -- break for snacks, change of shoes, etc.
    - 4:00-5:30 -- Caroso Ball! *

* A Caroso-style ball is where a dancer chooses a partner and selects a
dance from the list, and then their partner chooses the next dance, and
so-on.

Bring a sack lunch and comfortable dancing shoes (rubber soles not
recommended).  We will be doing a variety of English, French, and
Italian dances, of all levels of ability. While most teaching content is
not firmly set as yet, Master Trahaearn has agreed to do his complete
run-through of the Inns of Court dances (not to be missed!).  Most of us
will be in modern clothes and comfortable shoes for the teaching
sessions, but garb is welcome during instruction, too.  Some folks will
likely change into (simple) garb for the Caroso Ball.

  RE: COVID practices:
- Per Kingdom policy updated on March 15, proof of COVID vaccination (or
a negative COVID test within 72 hours), and the collection of contact
tracing information, are no longer required.
- We encourage those that feel more comfortable wearing masks to do so,
even if no longer required by modern or society authorities. Also those
who choose to wear masks for the comfort of others are encouraged to do
so.
- We will have hand sanitizer available, since we often hold hands in
dances.

An important note from the SCA: Although the SCA complies with all
applicable laws to ensure the health and safety of our event
participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious
diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person
events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You
agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety
and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.

In Service ...
Maestra Sara de Bonneville