[Wyewood] Arts Unframed Site Review

Tanayle Haga tanayle.haga at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 11:13:24 PDT 2018

Good morning Wyewood!

Early this morning Esclarmonde and I did a walk-through review of our
available space at Kentridge High.  Even though we may not have the library
to work with (that won't be known until much closer to the actual day,
sorry), there is quite a lot of space to use, and I feel very confident
that we will fill that space comfortably.

I would like to have all display and demo proposals by September 21st at
the absolute latest; preferably by September 14th.  Sooner is better
because space is limited.

Things to remember:
--This is Wyewood's time to shine, and all of us are good at *something*.
If you want to be involved but really don't feel up for displaying or
demonstrating, please talk to me; there is lots else to do that will make
this event wonderful.
--A&S includes Bardic, theatrical performance, dance, and more--not just
research papers and making things.
--Absolutely no alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, or vaping on campus.  This is a
public high school.
--We won't be able to do messy things like live cooking or smithing or
dyeing, but we can certainly have interactive displays/demos with
ingredients, finished products for display, and lots of info about the
products, process, ingredients, cultural contexts, etc.

I will need volunteers to delegate some tasks to, including:
--Decoration: banners, armorials, tapestries, whatever adds to ambiance.
--Signs will need to be placed indoors and outdoors:  we'll get into the
details of that later.
--Of course lots of extra hands for setup and teardown, because we're
helpful that way.
--More people for gate.

This weekend is September Crown and a holiday weekend and super busy one
way or another for all of us, but please keep Arts Unframed in mind.  There
will be signup sheets made after Crown at the latest, and the sooner
they're full, the less worry or scrambling there will be.

Yours in Service,
Event Steward Tabby