[Wyewood] FCS A&S Classes, and Other A&S Options!

Linda Hosea lmhosea at comcast.net
Mon Aug 27 14:07:24 PDT 2018

Greetings!

This will be a rather rambling communication, to address various opportunities (and some calendar issues) coming soon, or a little later!

On the general question of teaching classes, I do want each of us to be considering what we have done, enjoyed, and would like to challenge ourselves to learn more about by teaching the thing to others! We are such a friendly group, it would be a great experience!

There has been a long threatened class on an introduction to period tablet weaving. This is mentioned first only because Sparrowhawk Studio will be at September Crown this weekend, and also at 12th Night (Portland, in 2019). She sells what she calls a belt shuttle (a small shuttle that holds some amount of your weft and also acts as a warp separator and beater) for $8.50. Whenever this class is given, this item would be on the recommended tools list, and it also works well for other narrow woven goods (e.g. inkle looms!).

The next class at FCS (September 14) will be by Tabby, on the subject of nalbinding. I imagine there will be a materials to bring message coming a little closer to the class!

There is no class scheduled for October 12th, and your A&S coordinator will be at Kingdom Feast. If anyone is interested in presenting a class - please let me know! Something non-fiber related might well be appreciated by the populace!  (I do recall mention of leather working, for example (which I would hate to miss, but....).)

Class option for November 9th is also open, all the same observations as above, except that the A&S coordinator will be at Collegium in this instance....

Please feel free to contact me with any suggestions or thoughts! There will be a second email focused on some specifically fiber options...

Sofia