[Wyewood] Dance practice in Wyewood is thriving!

sbonnevi at wamail.net sbonnevi at wamail.net
Fri Jun 28 14:11:37 PDT 2024

What a lovely dance practice last night for Wyewood.  We had 7 dancers
(well, eight, if I include myself) and one observer.

After a short warm-up, we did Turkelone from the English Inns of Court
sources, then Master Trahaearn taught a little known dance from the same
source called Lady Layton's Measure.  Then we went French with Branle
des Pois (1588) and Basse La Franchoise Nouvelle (est 1480?). After a
break (where everyone sampled "Swedish Vanilla Almond" bread from the
bread machine), we did Oringe (from English Gresley MS around 1500) and
finished with Jenny Pluck Pares, an English Country Dance from a 1651
source.  Did I miss anything?

I hope that the July practice has as many enthusiastic participants.
Next Wyewood practice is Thursday, July 25.  Same bat-time, same
bat-channel.

Maestra Sara de Bonneville.