[Wyewood] Regarding Wyewood Champions

Wyewood Coronet Wyewood.Coronet at antir.org
Tue Apr 26 20:55:17 PDT 2022

Unto our Populace of Wyewood, from Their Excellencies, Greetings,

We come to you tonight to make a hard, but firm announcement. Our Champions Event is currently on the Kingdom Calendar for July 30, 2022. As of today, April 26, 2022, neither we nor Our Seneschal have received any event bids nor expressions of interest in event stewarding from anyone in Our populace. Per Our current customary, neither Ourselves, nor Our Seneschal, nor Our Exchequer can do it. We have been asking for months. The time to ask is now past.

If there is not at minimum an Event Steward volunteer ready to work with Ourselves and Our Seneschal to develop a bid by 10PM on Saturday, April 30th, Wyewood Champions will be canceled. Current Champions will be given the option of retaining their posts, or stepping down at either Day of Archery or at an event to be named. For any Champion who does step down, the role will be in abeyance until 2023 when we will attempt to hold the event again.

This is not a step we choose to take lightly, but we would prefer the mild embarrassment of a cancellation now than the greater embarrassment of an under planned and poorly held event later.

Sincerely,

Alarich, Barun of Wyewood

Aline, Baroness of Wyewood