[Wyewood] Wyewood A&S Class July 13: Hoods!

Linda Hosea lmhosea at comcast.net
Tue Jun 12 08:25:35 PDT 2018

Greetings, Wyewood!

HL Aurora Rose Prindel will be teaching a class on hoods, at the FCS on July 13. Her outline, requirements and sources are listed below.

In the class I will show the basic patterns to cut out a hood. I will have patterns for the square style Norse hood, the fitted round mantle style, either with a gore or without, or just a mantle without the hood

Actual sewing will have to take place at home or at sewing night because I dont think there will be time/resources. F or the hoods you will need to bring 1 yard of 60 inch wide fabric for an average size and 1.5 yards for larger size. And size really depends on how wide your shoulders are. Most average size adults will use only a yard. The types of fabrics best for this project are wool, linen, linen-cotton blends. If you would like to line the hood you will need to bring another yard (or yard and half) of fabric to line. If you have any questions about anything feel free to email Aurora or message her on Facebook.

Please bring:

-1 to 1.5 yards of material (if you want it lined please bring another 1 to 1.5 yards)

If you have

-Fabric scissors if you have them

-felxable/cloth tape measure

I will have a few extras if you do not have scissors or measuring tapes

Places to find fabric include:

Fabric-store.com for linen and linen cotton blends they have a wide range of colors and weights I suggest their medium weight 5.3oz.

Renaissancefabrics.com for wool and linen

Dorrmillstore.com for wool in different weights and colors

Bblackandsons.com for wool as well

Joann fabrics- linen and wool, be careful to read the labels to make sure what you are buying is linen or a linen mix. And if buying from Joann they to get the linen on sale or with a coupon to keep the cost low.

~HL Aurora Rose Prindel
Arcarius to Baron Evrard de Valonge

YIS

HL Sofia de Toledo