[Wyewood] Basket Auction at Champions - Help available at FCS

Kris John kris.joyhope at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 17:40:40 PDT 2018

Champions is fast approaching and we hope everyone finds a way to be involved that delights them! Maybe for you it would be creating a gift-basket for the silent auction to raise funds for improving champion regalia! Even if you can't be at the event, you can contribute to the festivities.

Feeling blocked? Not sure where to begin? Just need help with styling your goodies in your basket? I will be at FCS next Friday to help in any way I can. If you don't want to do a basket but have individual items you'd like to donate, you can also bring them to FCS for a Wyewood “cornucopia” basket.

Remember, you don't have to do this alone. Create one with a friend or two, no basket too big or too small. One Wyewoodian has already assembled a few and we'd love to add to them.

The auction will be at the event from 10:00 am - 3:30 pm, so if you can’t donate a basket, I encourage you to bring your market-mindset to Champions so you can bid on what pleases.

Ideas and guidelines are below but don't get too bogged down in them - I can answer questions at FCS or at gwir.sca(at)gmail.com. If you are planning to donate a basket, please also drop me a message for tracking and planning purposes.

In service,

Gwir ferch John

(Kris John)

[This has also been sent to the email list.]

_______________

**Ideas for basket themes with potential contents – but please feel free to vary:

--Culinary treats (spices, bread, a recipe and its ingredients, cooking utensils, an offer to teach a skill)

--Fiber arts (yarn, needle books, scissors, a kit for a project with instructions, an offer to teach a skill)

--Camping (fire starter, handwarmers, kitchen tools, first aid kit, an offer to help set up camp)

--Children’s activities (toys and games, easy craft kits, an offer to “babysit” at an event)

--Feast gear (service for 2 or more, salt & pepper shakers, napkins, flatware holders)

--Day trip (emergency sewing kit, sunscreen, simple feast gear (cup, bowl, spoon), notebook and pencil)

--For ladies (hair sticks, jewelry, lip balm, handmade soap)

--For fighters (soaking salts, duct tape, armor repair kit)

**Guidelines:

--Baskets need to be delivered to event by 9:30 am on August 11. If you will not be at the event, please contact Gwir at gwir.sca (at) gmail.com to arrange delivery the week before the event.

--Baskets should ideally have 3-10 items. No minimum or maximum value is required.

--Baskets can be any appropriate container including bowls, boxes, or bags. Please prepare so contents are easily displayed.

--Please include the following in a note with your basket: opening bid, donor name(s), list of contents, special notes (handmade, allergy warnings, history of items).

--If you would like to donate an individual item for the Barony “cornucopia” basket, please contact Gwir at gwir.sca (at) gmail.com

--If you can volunteer for a 30-60 minute shift at the auction table, please contact Gwir at gwir.sca (at) gmail.com.

Get Outlook for Android