[Wyewood] Wyewood Championships on Aug-11 was a Resounding Success!

Wyewood Coronet Wyewood.Coronet at antir.org
Tue Aug 14 13:48:09 PDT 2018

*Apologies if you receive this message twice*

Greetings unto the Noble, Honorable, Chivalrous populace of Wyewood and friends!  It is with a great deal of pleasure that we announce the names of our new Champions.

Archery Champion – HL Johann Fairhand
Thrown Weapons Champion – M'lord Beeron Pike
Armored Combat Champion – Duke Skapti Thorinsson
Rapier Champion – Lord Cailean McQuarrie
A&S Champion – M'lady Sybil atte Leadon

We also want to express our heartfelt appreciation of our retiring Champions for their service this past year.

Archery Champion – HL Tymme Lytefelow
Thrown Weapons Champion – Lord Leo le Firse
Armored Combat champion – Sir Martin le Harpur of Faulkbourne, OL
Rapier Champion – Warder Martyn Baxter
A&S Champion – HL Marguerite fitz William

We had an outstanding turn out for competitors (28!), marshals, and spectators for the day and as usual we had many hands making light work of the set up and tear down. Warder Martyn did a great job as the Event Steward and had an amazing team of people to take on the various moving parts.  We persevered in spite of cloudbursts and were able to recognize many of our populace with well deserved awards.  Our undying appreciation goes to everyone who pitched in to move day shades to cover the populace when the rains fell during our afternoon court.  The auction to raise funds for champion regalia was able to bring in $325!  Lunch by HL Sophia was delicious (as always!) and the hospitality table was well stocked by HL Arabella and others.

Many thanks to all who joined us for our Champions event this year.  Please join us again at our Arts Unframed event in October and next February for the Feast of St. Bubba.

In Service to the Crown we remain,

Baron Evrard de Valogne

Baroness Alessandra da Montefeltro

Wyewood