[Wyewood] In Memory of Master Gordon Redthorn

Ruslund Geyer via Wyewood wyewood at lists.wyewood.org
Mon Jul 17 14:35:16 PDT 2017

Thank you, your Excellency. Well said.

Avine

-----Original Message-----
From: Wyewood [mailto:wyewood-bounces at lists.wyewood.org] On Behalf Of David Keil via Wyewood
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2017 10:46 AM
To: <wyewood at lists.wyewood.org>
Subject: [Wyewood] In Memory of Master Gordon Redthorn

Beloved people of Wyewood,
We have lost a family member this week. Master Gordon Redthorn, founding member of the Canton of Wyewood, premier member of the Order of the Wye Knot, has passed over into the next lands.
Master Gordon shared many things with us. His talent of wood carving, carefully making mere sticks into seamless chains or carving chess figures that always amazed and amused. His ability finely honed by years of practice gave An Tir fine prints made from woodcuts. His teaching others and constant sharing of those skills enabled so many others to enjoy wood working as he did.
He also shared a dry sense of humor and a fondness for "No Bleep There I Was" stories around a campfire.
Gordon was one of the first people I met in the SCA, wandering about with a block of wood and a very sharp knife, casually creating wood chips and art at the River Glen site in Orting. He was always kind and generous with his time.

Gordon, you are missed. Wyewood is part of your legacy and I hope we serve your memory with grace, honor and a generous spirit as you have shown us.
Be at peace good Master.

Evrard de Valogne <https://www.facebook.com/evrard.devalogne?fref=mentions>
Baron of Wyewood